Louis the Child encouraged the dancers during Block 2. Their music has gotten praise from musical artists such as Taylor Swift, who put one of their songs on her “Songs that Will Make Life Awesome” playlist. Here are five things you should know about the Chicago-based EDM duo.
1. They found their name by hitting the random article Wikipedia button. They eventually found the page for Louis the Child, the king of East Francia in the year 899.
2. They played Coachella in 2016. Technically, member Freddy Kennett wasn’t old enough to attend the festival at the time.
3. Both members were students at New Trier High School in Winnetka. This is only a fun fact if you lived in the Evanston area and actually know what New Trier High School is.
4. According to member Robby Hauldren, Freddy likes to produce music while naked. Luckily, this habit doesn’t extend to live performances (for now.)
5. Robby will listen to any genre of music except for country. Clearly he doesn’t know what he’s missing. Everyone knows that Carrie Underwood is a national treasure.